Quant 6 is looking for a Forward Deployed Operations Engineer. You are an independent consultant who has a passion for making customers successful. You will join a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for delivering support services including assistance during engineering and operations of distributed systems and mission critical response for production customers. Strong communications and troubleshooting skills are critical for success in this role.
Our clients and partners are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things.
- Manage the day to day interactions with our customers
- Identify requirements for additional focused services engagements
- Coordinate enhancement and feature requests with product management and Cloudera engineering
- Facilitate upgrades, patches and maintenance to customer systems
- Ensure that critical customer issues are addressed quickly and effectively
- Triage, diagnose and potentially escalate customer inquiries during their engineering and operations efforts
- Investigate product related issues both for individual customers and for common trends that may arise
- Study and understand critical system components and large cluster operations
- Differentiate between issues that arise in operations, user code, third party libraries or product
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS concepts and SQL
- Provisioning and operating a large-scale compute/storage systems
- 2+ years software development experience in C++ or Java and Python
- 4+ years of Unix environment experience (Red Hat Linux) including shell scripting
- Network monitoring and application instrumentation experience
- System performance debugging and kernel forensics experience
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (TCP/IP, DNS, File system, Load balancing, etc)
- Knowledge of file system, kernel and database internals – latency, throughput, reliability, availability, consistency, security, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1+ years deployment experience with a highly-scalable, distributed, multi-node environment (10+ nodes)
- Familiarity with the issues surrounding cross data center replication
- Understanding of Grid computing, Map-Reduce, advanced server clustering and distributed programming
- Systems monitoring and management for grid computing
- Familiarity with virtual machine technologies
- Working knowledge of distributed file systems (development knowledge is a strong plus)
Independence . . .
Engineers are independent consultants deployed at client and partner sites in charge of their own schedules (and performance). Our consultants are W-2 employees during all engagements. We comply with all necessary business insurance coverages such as General Liability and Errors & Omissions and our model addresses the regulatory compliance issues around the hiring of independent consultants. Our large corporate clients can safely work with our independent consultants without any risk of having consultants reclassified by the IRS as employees.
If you are a fit, contact us here:
To all recruitment agencies: Quant 6 does not accept agency resumes without an agreement. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Quant 6 employees. Quant 6 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.